9 Simple Kitchen Organization Ideas • The Budget Decorator
If your kitchen isn’t organized, the whole house runs rough. It is the heart of any home, and having everything in it’s place makes for a happy one! Learn how to use your drawers and cupboards to make efficient storage for cooking and baking. Use these easy kitchen organization ideas to make sure your kitchen is the most organized room in the house!
Simple Kitchen Organization Ideas
1. The number one rule of an organized kitchen is to store items where you use them. Put your plates near the table, glasses near the fridge and cutting knives and board near island or counter where you cut up produce. Photo by ‘HGTV‘.
2. If you do any baking, set up a baking section. Store together all items you use when baking. Get these free printable baking pantry labels from ‘The Creativity Exchange‘.
3. One of the top kitchen organization ideas is to clean and organize your fridge and freezer. Do a quick upkeep once a week on trash day. If you don’t use it, get rid of it. Check out the tips for an organized refrigerator from ‘It’s A Fabulous Life‘.
4. Move the excess clutter. For example, seasonally used items such as platters and holiday dishes are better stored in a basement or attic. Unless you have a very large kitchen, it is best to remove items that are not used on a regular basis.
5. Only keep in the kitchen what you actually use in the kitchen. How many glasses do you really use between dish washings? Store only as many as you regularly use (glasses, dishes, wine glasses), and place the extras in storage. Stack the glasses you need to save space. Photo by ‘House Beautiful‘.
6. Go through your cookbooks and keep in the kitchen only the ones you use regularly. Seasonal cookbooks can be stored with your holiday dinnerware, others can be kept elsewhere or given away.
7. Here’s a tough one. If you don’t use it every day, remove it from your counters. So many of us complain about not having enough counter space yet we crowd the counters with things we don’t even use. Photo by ‘My Domaine‘.
8. Check out all the racks and drawer units on the market to more efficiently store all your kitchen items. You will find a large selection of kitchen organization ideas and solutions online and at local container stores. Also, you might want to check out our post at our sister site, OhMeOhMy on Kitchen Drawer Organizing.
9. Set up a small pantry somewhere in your home for extra cans of soup, coffee and other essentials. You’ll save money by buying in bulk or during sales and you’ll save space in the kitchen. A small closet can easily be converted to a pantry. Once you have one you’ll never want to be “pantry-less” again.
Photo courtesy of HGTV.