Must-have kitchen tools and accessories (plus fun extras!)
Baker Gift Guide
If you’ve been spending a LOT more time in the kitchen these days, you may be tempted to try something new. New recipes, new techniques, new, fun tools. Maybe you’re teaching yourself how to REALLY cook for the first time. We’ve listed what we think are the essential tools and the extras that are, as we say in the biz, the icing on top.
All of these would also make really nice gift ideas for Christmas! If you have someone on your list who loves to bake or would love to learn how, these would all be super fun.
1. KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer — A kitchen staple that will be around for years. It’s not uncommon to have these last for 30 years. Much better than the hand-held mixers. Also check Costco over the next few months or Kohl’s around Black Friday.
2. Cuisinart Food Processor — Another valuable kitchen tool that I use at least 2-3 times per week. Make nut butters, grind into flours, make pie crusts, scones, shred cheese, etc. Definitely worth the investment.
5. Nesting Mixing Bowls — Any set with lids is priceless. You can store batter in the fridge and use them for taking your food to friends.
6. OXO Cookie Scoops — These scoops make perfectly proportional cookies and have tons of other uses as well: scoop pancake, cupcake, and muffin batter, meatballs, and dumplings!
RELATED: Use your cookie scoop to make these Chubby Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Extras that any baker would love:
2. Pastry roller — These are great for pressing crusts in small pans, like lemon bars. Great for granola bars too.
4. Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat — Perfect for keeping those gooey, delicious cookies from sticking to the pan. Costco sometimes has a nice set of these around the holidays too.
6. Baker’s Twine and Cupcake Wrappers — Most bakers love to create and give their gifts away. Either they really want you to try their creation or they know the deliciousness will not last until morning. Packaging makes everything better. You can also find cute Martha Stewart items at Michael’s.
7. A beautiful apron is a delightful gift — I wear aprons everyday while cooking. Give the gift of a pretty one.
8. Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven — We love dutch ovens! Perfect companion with the My Bread: The Revolutionary No-Work, No-Knead Method cookbook. Direct them to our no-knead bread step-by-step instructions.
RELATED: Make our super popular No-Knead Bread in your new dutch oven!
9. Fun Cookbook — Check out our list of our top 10 favorite cookbooks! Any of the items above paired with a cookbook would make such a nice gift.
Looking for more gifting inspiration?
Looking for more gift giving inspiration? Find a big list Gift Guides here — tons of gift ideas for everyone on your list!
Fantastic range of boards from best recipes and tips for frugal living to gardening and budgeting help.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.